Monday, May 19, 2008

ISLANDS VS. VAMPIRE WEEKEND


"Do I feel like I missed the boat?" And I felt like that was a really rude, confrontational question, so I told him that I didn't think we missed the boat at all. I said I thought the boat missed us. If I was going to be really arrogant, I'd say we were the boat, but I don't feel that way. I feel like we were just one of many who were doing that, just maybe a little earlier than some. But the funny thing about that interview was that he got me going a little bit, I was riled up, and I guess I said some shit about Vampire Weekend, but I didn't mention the fact that they were paying $40,000 a year for their education and playing in a frat-rock band at Columbia, which was a totally valid point to add to their inauthenticity. - Nick Thorburn, Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment